Busy week nights just got a whole lot easier (and healthier!) with these gluten and dairy free zucchini fritters! They're the perfect side dish in your follicular and ovulation phases or when you want a meatless night.
These delicious fritters were made by accident when I was trying to find creative ways to eat vegetables outside of roasting them (which can get boring). And they're a must have recipe inside our Balanced Bombshells Lifestyle Plan, which is your one-stop shop to create happy hormones and live in relation to your cycle.
Lightly frying your vegetables almost feels sinful as you try to eat healthy, but choosing the right oil can make them good for you. This recipe does contain eggs, but have no fear if you're vegan, I'll share below how you can tailor the recipe to meet your needs.
Ok, grab your cheese grater because we're about to get crafty!
GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE ZUCCHINI FRITTERS
Servings: 4 Fritters
3 zucchinis, grated
1/3 cup almond flour
1 tbsp. melted ghee (or butter if you eat dairy)
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. chopped onion
cilantro, for topping
1. Grate zucchini on a cheese grater and heat in pan over medium heat.
2. Strain after a few minutes.
3. When cool, put zucchini in a terry cloth and ring out excess water (this will make your fritters crispy!)
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients, including zucchini in a bowl.
5. In a skillet, heat oil of your choice and add 3 spoonfuls of batter.
6. Flip after a few minutes and pair with your favorite protein!
BOOM! These are gluten & dairy free. If you're vegan, remove the eggs for two flaxeggs and use a olive or coconut oil 🙌
You have the option to top them with sour cream (if you tolerate dairy) or create a homemade aioli sauce out of avocado oil mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice.
Excited to hear how you like these!