Guilt-Free Dark Chocolate Brownies
A Bombshell must always be prepared with a delicious, chocolaty treat. And we prefer one that will be friendly to our waistline, and all the work we do for the hormies 🙋
I LOVE adding protein, fiber, and healthy fats into my meals and snacks. They're my go-to to keep my hormones balanced.
Desserts are no different 😋
Thankfully, we can keep our hormones balanced while indulging in chocolate deliciousness.
With these Red Bean Dark Chocolate Brownies, you'll keep your blood sugar stable, enjoy a dessert lower in sugar, and reduce stress on your insides!
RED BEAN DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
1 cup red kidney beans
3 tbsp dark chocolate powder
1/2 cup coconut milk (not the full fat version)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I like to use these from Good Life - dairy, soy, & gluten free)
3 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ghee
For the beans:
1. Add 1 cup of water to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add 1 cup of red kidney beans.
3. Once boiling, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 60 minutes.
For the batter:
1. Once the beans are cooked, strain and transfer to a food processor.
2. Add all batter ingredients except chocolate chips.
3. Blend on high until mixed well.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Add batter to a greased 8x8 pan (I use coconut oil spray) and bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes.
For the icing :
1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir continuously until ingredients are melted.
3. Pour over brownies after they've cooled for 10 minutes.
4. Place in the refrigerator for everything to set.
**You can also simply top with extra dark chocolate chips like I did. Either way, these brownies are absolutely delicious and you won't taste the beans!
Pro Tip: Red beans are really high in fiber and protein, and are also considered a carbohydrate. To ensure my tummy doesn't get upset after a meal, I eat one of these afterwards dinner and count it as my carb for the meal. I also love to pair this with tea for a delicious mid-morning or afternoon snack!