Updated: Oct 25, 2018
Hellloooo fall deliciousness! Everyone's been on the pumpkin train, but I'm girl crushing on this Apple Cinnamon Mug Cake recipe.
This recipe is perfect for our luteal or menstrual phases, and is one of my favorites from the Balanced Bombshells Lifestyle Plan.
On my hormone balancing journey, I learned I couldn't eat too much sugar. It was causing issues like throwing off my appetite hormones and storing fat in areas I didn't want. It also lowered my energy and I wasn't thinking as clearly.
A girl's gotta feel like she's indulging though, so now I make all sweet treats the Balanced Bombshell way - with protein, fiber, healthy fat, and low in sugar.
And you know that feeling when you're about to get your period and all you want is something warm and satisfying? Apple is a great fruit to eat in our luteal and menstrual phases since it balances blood sugar, keeps us full, and is warming to the uterus at a time of month we need it most!
Here's how to make my delicious Apple Cinnamon Mug Cake and keep those hormones balanced:
APPLE CINNAMON MUG CAKE
2 tbsp. organic, no sugar added apple sauce
1 tbsp. flaxseed & 1 tbsp. water (will make the cake more cookie like. If you want it cakey, use an eggwhite instead)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 tbsp. coconut flour
2-4 tbsp. nondairy milk
1 tbsp. vanilla plant based protein powder (optional)
2 tbsp. chopped apple (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix the flaxseed and water to make a "flaxegg". If you want this more cake like, use an eggwhite instead.
2. Add the apple sauce, vanilla extract, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, milk, and optional ingredients.
3. Mix well. Add more milk if needed.
4. Transfer mixture to a microwave safe mug.
5. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, depending on your microwave. I usually do 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
6. Allow to cool.
7. Add toppings like your fave nut butter, walnuts, extra apple, or unsweetened coconut flakes, and enjoy!
Become a member now and enjoy even more hormone balancing recipes!